Pepperdine University, Graduate School of Education and Psychology; Los Angeles, CA
Master of Arts in Psychology with an emphasis in Marriage and Family Therapy December 2013
Lincoln University Law School, San Francisco, CA
Juris Doctor June 1974
San Francisco State College, San Francisco, CA
California Secondary Teaching Credential Certificate in History and Spanish June 1970
Bachelor of Arts; Major: History; Minor: Spanish; Specialization: Latin American Studies June 1969
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION, AND TRAINING:
EMDR Trained December 2016
Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist (LMFT), License No. 93277 granted in July 2016 by the California State Board of Behavioral Sciences.
Lifespan Integration Trained October 2015
California State Bar, Attorney at Law,
License issued June 1976 State Bar No. 068891
California Commission on Teacher Credentialing, California Secondary Teaching Credential issued in June 1970
• AFCC – Association of Family and Conciliation Courts – 2014 to Present
• California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists – 2012 to Present
• Certified Family Law Specialist, The California Bar Association – June 1976 to present
• California Bar Association, Executive Committee of the Family Law Section – 1979 to 1983; Chaired the Legislation Committee – 1980 to 1983; Editor, California State Bar Family Law News – 1979 to 1983
• Fellow of the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers – November 5, 1987 to present; Board of Directors from 1988 to 2000 and Chaired Legislation Committee from 2000 to 2002.
• The Los Angeles County Bar Association – June 1976 to present
• Executive Committee of the Family Law Section from 1981 to 1984
• The Ventura County Bar Association – 2001 to date.
• Named a “Super Lawyer” by Super Lawyers Magazine for Southern California – 2009 and several subsequent years.
• AV Rated by Martindale Hubbell since December 24, 1996
• Named by Los Angeles Magazine as one of the Top Women Attorneys in Southern California – 2014
Professional Work History
Insight Counseling and Forensic Services, Westlake Village June 2016 to Present
The Center for Individual and Family Counseling, North Hollywood, CA December 2012 – November 2015
Supervisor: Susan Levin, MFC #47760 – Phone: 818-404-0459
• Marriage and Family Therapist/Trainee and Intern, IMF No. 79722
• Provided individual, couple, and family therapy for clients with a variety of presenting problems at site.
• Provided individual, group, and family therapy for 6th, 7th, and 8th-grade students and their families at Byrd Middle School in Sun Valley, CA
Law Offices of Bobette Fleishman, Beverly Hills & Westlake Village, CA
• Attorney, private practice, in both Los Angeles and Ventura Counties September 1976 – December 2021; Now retired from the practice of law.
Writer & Israel, Los Angeles, CA
• Law Clerk, then-Attorney March 1975 – September 1976
• Practice devoted to Personal Injury Law, Family Law, and Worker’s Compensation Law
Davis, Cowell & Bowe, San Francisco, CA
• Law Clerk June 1972 – January 1974
• Legal research and drafting of labor arbitration briefs for grievance
procedures of Title VII matters.
San Francisco Unified School District, San Francisco, CA
• Substitute High School Teacher September 1970 – June 1972
• History and Spanish
• Proficient in spoken Spanish and fluent in written Spanish
& Professional Education Panels
• Editor, California State Bar Family Law News from 1981 to 1983
Volunteer Judicial Experience
• Judge Pro Tem Panel, Superior Court, Ventura County – 1989 to 2010
• Arbitrator Panel, Los Angeles County Bar Fee Dispute Arbitration Panel – 1980 to 2014
• Mediator Panel, Los Angeles Superior Court, Central District – 1980 to 1994